<byline>By JoAnn Alix-Gagain<byline>
Annual Enrollment is here!!!
Non-grandfathered retirees and their dependents who are Medicare eligible will automatically be enrolled in the AT&T Group Medicare Advantage Plan (PPO). This is the basic plan and only plan AT&T is offering at no charge to the retiree and $50 per dependent monthly if on Medicare.
If you determine you want the AT&T Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) PLUS Plan you will need to call to enroll for that additional coverage that includes dental, vision and hearing aids for an additional monthly cost.
These are the only two plans that the company is offering. IF YOU or YOUR DEPENDENT (S) DO NOT WANT an AT&T PPO PLAN YOU NEED TO CALL AND OPT OUT DURING THE ENROLLMENT PERIOD which begins October 16th is 1-866-819-3448 Mon- Fri 8 AM to 8 PM. And the end date to opt out is November 15th.
AT&T will notify all current carriers of the moves to the PPO plans. Then if you opt out of the AT&T plan you will need to secure your own coverage through carriers in the market place or you can still use Alight (AON) services.
Here are some highlights of the AT&T PPO :
- Questions regarding the AT&T MAPD plans call 1-866-819-3448 from now until year end Mon- Fri 8 AM to 8 PM. , or the website of: www.retiree.uhc.com/att
- The company has contracted with United Healthcare for this plan that also includes your drug coverage.
- The PPO will require you to secure all new scripts from your physicians as the drug carrier for mail orders will be OPTUMRX.
- Catastrophic drug coverage (Stage 4) will no longer be reimbursed as the max (out of your pocket) copayment of $6500 has been met at this point and the full cost of covered drugs is paid by the plan.
- The PPO PLUS plan will incorporate hearing aid coverage removing it from Care Plus coverage, but still requiring pre approval for reimbursement from specific providers. Coverage for new hearing devices will be every three years.
- Confirmation statements will be sent.
- You will no longer need to show your Medicare card as a single Medical / drug card will replace it and should be mailed to you by mid-December.
- You will remain responsible for your monthly Medicare premiums from your monthly Social Security check.
- If you have unused funds in your reimbursement accounts from 2023 you have until March 31 2024 to file for reimbursement.
- You can use remaining funds in your HSA
- A division Alight (formerly AON) currently runs the AT&T benefit call center and will continue to do that.
- Another division of AON has managed the reimbursement accounts. Effective the first of the year AT&T benefit center will handle the claims for reimbursement.
- Retirees and dependents should no longer receive any solicitation going forward from Alight (AON) regarding doing business with them and keeping your plan through them if you choose to opt out of the AT&T plan. You can contact Alight or your carrier/agent of choice directly should you choose to opt out of the AT&T PPO .
Care Plus Changes
Care Plus changes regarding hearing aid coverage will be removed from Care Plus but remains under Medical Plans. Monthly cost for Care Plus remains the same.
- Pre Medicare retiree: allowance of $2000 every 3 years
- Grandfathered Medicare retirees: allowance of $1000 every 3 years.
- AT&T MAPD PLUS allowance of $4000 every 3 years.
Pre Medicare Medical Plan
AT&T will continue offering the Broad, Select and Care options for Medical coverage.